YAYAism

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Take time to make time.

When the hell did I grow-up? I don't remember crossing the line from reckless youth to responsible adult. (would you believe SEMI-responsible?) It kinda sucks that one of my best friends and I have to schedule to meet for coffee. Between my job(s) and her family and college, we seldom manage to be in the same place at the same time without planning it a week ahead of time. I could blame it on the 50 miles that separate her house from mine, but that's not it. My office is only 15 miles from her house.

The blame lies in that we're both adults trying to get by in this ever more demanding world. We're assaulted on all sides to do more, be more and earn more. But while we're being hounded for MORE, MORE, MORE we're also simultaneously be robbed of our most precious commodity...TIME. I decided a long time ago that I would not give in to the pressures that society places on me. What I achieve or don't achieve is my decision, as is how I spend my time. While running the gauntlet of day to day life, I almost forgot that I have that choice. I won't forget again. Tomorrow, somewhere between my nephews' field day events and the sack lunch, I'll get out my calendar and MAKE time to have coffee with my best friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home