YAYAism

Monday, May 17, 2004

News Flash!

I was saving this little tid bit until I was certain it was going to happen. Betty called a few minutes ago and gave me the details so its definitely a GO! I'm getting my own karaoke show on Tuesday nights!! It will be at Lonesome Dove (where we already have shows on Thurday and Saturday) so it will be pretty easy to get a good crowd going. I'm well known out there too, so the locals know that I run a good show.

I'm pretty excited. Having your own show, that you do every week, is very different that just helping out or filling in for someone else. Even though I quit doing regular shows years ago, because two full time jobs was just too much for me, I'm hoping that just one night a week won't eefect me too badly. I do miss having my own show and my own crowd. My first show will be next week on the 25th. Wish me luck!

P.S. Here is a little bit of wisdom from your Yaya to you...hair spray and nail polish remover should not be left in a hot car. They should especially not be left in the seat where they will be subjected to direct sunlight. If left too long, they can and WILL explode.

2 Comments:

  • Cool! I'll have to try that one!

    Here's antoher tidbit - don't leave cassette tapes on the dash of your vehicle for several days while your car sits in direct sunlight or your favorite George Clinton / Parliment music will shrivel up into abstract non-functional mini-cassettes.

    By Blogger twopeanuts, at 1:32 PM  

  • Ah yes...I know that one well. This proverb also holds true for video cassettes, CD's, DVD's and lotion bottles. Another pearl if wisdom...if you do happen to leave one of these items to be melted, be certain that it is one you OWN! Having to replace stuff you've borrowed from a friend or Blockbuster REALLY sucks!!

    By Blogger YAYA, at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home