YAYAism

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Rest...

Even though Friday was my actual birthday, the main party took place Saturday night at the Lonesome Dove. After the late night the night before, it wasn't easy getting up to watch my nephews Saturday morning! When they went home around 2:00, I took a nap to rest up for the evening's activities. I met up with my friend Sara at 7:00 and we headed out to our favorite Mexican restuarant, Jalapenos. Jalapenos' margaritas run a close second to those of City Limits. Sara and I both enjoyed a couple before heading to the club. Just as we were deciding to leave, I was ambushed by waiters and waitresses singing Happy Birthday and rattling silverware drinking glasses! Sara had set me up! The onslaught even included a sundae with a candle on top! I was completely caught off gaurd, so I know I must have turned at least a dozen different shades of red! That's okay, paybacks are hell Sara (who will having a birthday on June 20th)!

We finally made it to the club and the serious partying began. Every time I turned around, someone was putting another shot in front of me. Not only that, but Dove has a pretty mean margarita too! It didn't take me long to lose track of how many drinks I had had! Several of my closest friends turned out. Sara, Kelly & Lawrence, Betty, Kelly H., my Mom and even Nacho (ex-boyfriend/Stalker #1). I got a lot of great gifts from everyone, but the best one had to be Toby (a 6 foot 3 yummy Marine)! I got into a world of trouble over Toby, but he was well, well worth it! It's one of those things that'll keeping my smiling in my old age! If my birthday weekend is any indication as to how my 33rd year is going to be, I had better buckle up because it's going to be a hellova ride!

NOTE: Toby showed up for my Tuesday night show and I kind of expect him to show up tonight too. Happy Birthday to me!

PS...Yesterday was my little sister's 31st birthday. Now that makes me feel old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home