YAYAism

Monday, November 08, 2004

B-Day Recap and other stuff.

Now that the heat has died down a little (and the boss has yet to arrive), maybe I can dash off a few lines about my birthday weekend (I turned 33 on Oct. 29th).

I missed that entire week of work, because of the Cavalier dying, so I was not in the best of moods. At 12AM Friday morning, my mom called and sang me Happy Birthday (she wanted to be the 1st)! All morning long, I got calls from friends and family with B-day wishes! Friday afternoon, I finally got Archie (my new Olds Achieva) and spent a little time driving around, enjoying the scenery and getting aquianted with my new car. I met up with Betty and we went out to eat at City Limits in Sherman. We normally don't have time on a Friday night to go to City Limits. There's always a long line by the time we get there at 7:30. Since I didn't work Friday, we had plenty of time to get down there and have a leisurely dinner and drinks. City Limits has THE BEST margaritas! Having time to burn before our 9:00 show, we decided to swing by another club in the area. The couple that owes the Yellow Rose are old friends and karaoke patrons from way, way back.

We visited with Terry and Linda for awhile then had to take off for the show. By the time we got to the Pub, I was already feeling zero pain! A couple songs and a couple of shots later, I was happily intoxicated. The next thing I know, Terry (from the Yellow Rose) is leading me outside. In the parking lot, a white stretch limo awaited. I got to take a ride around Denison for my birthday! Of course my drunken self was standing up out of the moon roof, waving at passing vehicles! It was quite a thrill. Wind thrashing my hair around my face and people honking and waving as we passed, I felt like the queen of the world!

All too soon, I was back at the club (reality bites). The rest of the evening was filled with well wishes, a few more drinks and a round of "Happy Birthday" accompanied by a trumpet!

I'll post the rest either later today or tomorrow morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home