YAYAism

Monday, October 18, 2004

Weekend RECAP 10/15 to 10/17 2004

It was another all round great weekend! Due to my lack of sleep, I took off early Friday. I would have taken the whole day, but I had to renew my insurance license before it expired on 10/16. I've spent too many hours doing continuing education (classroom AND on-line work) to let my license lapse. It's all taken care of, and I'm good for another two years. Now I can start working in my life license!!! WOO-HOO!

I caught an all to brief nap (only an hour and a half) Friday evening before meeting up with Betty. The Friday night show at The Towne Pub was INSANE! It was like a karaoke family reunion. People came in that I had not seen in years! I enjoyed seeing so many old familar faces.

Saturday I spent most of the afternoon with my youngest nephew Sammy. He went grocery shopping with me then we went back to my house and played my old Sega Saturn. Later that evening, the whole family went to dinner, then Mom and I took the boys to see Benji Unleashed (too cute). After the boys went home, Mom and I headed out to Dove for karaoke. The club was pretty busy, so I didn't get to sing much. It was cool though, because it gave me more time to hang out and shoot pool. My friend Rob and I played partners against a couple of really good players, and we WON! When the club closed, Mom and I went to the truck stop for breakfast. We didn't stay very long. I was still way tired and I had get up early to meet Sara for the Indy Race.

I managed to make it to Sara's by 9:00Am (ON TIME!), and we headed out to the Texas Motor Speedway. All was going well, until we realized that we had somehow gotten off track. We had missed the cut off for 35W and had taken 35E into DeSoto (way way off track)! A few phone calls later, we were on our way again. We missed the first half of the race, but we still had a pretty good time. Even the parking was an adventure! It took me 10 minutes to get Sara's Ford F150 Extd Cab wedged into those narrow parking lanes! The trip home was a lot less exciting. Considering the day we'd had already, we were glad to finally have some smoothe sailing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home