YAYAism

Friday, August 20, 2004

DISMISSED!

I got a ticket a couple of weeks ago for not having an inspection sticker displayed. It turned out that when I updated my registration sticker back in May, I removed to WRONG sticker. I was afraid that my raggedy old car wouldn't pass inspection, so I was expecting to have to pay the $140 ticket. The Powers That Be were smiling on me today! My car PASSED inspection (cracked headlight and all) and I got the ticket dismissed. The $12.50 for the inspection and the $10 dismissal fee are WAY more in line with by budget!

Since I didn't have to spend the $140 on the ticket, I bought a tool kit, a phone and two digital clocks (buy 1 get 1 free when you buy the phone). All in all, I only spent $60 and it was on things that I've been wanting to get for my apartment. The tool kit has has a cordless drill/screwdriver with two batteries as well as all the sockets, manual screwdrivers and pliers that are normally included in home tool kits. The phone is a home/office phone that has an extra jack so that a computer can be plugged into it. Since I'll be getting my laptop and phone service at home soon, I needed to get a phone anyway. The clocks are time/temp/alarm clocks. I've been wanting to get clocks for both my kitchen and my home office/lab. It really was cool to get all these things I've been wanting for awhile, instead of having to shell out for a ticket!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home