YAYAism

Friday, July 16, 2004

Going to the chapel...

Today I'm taking off work early (4 instead of 6) to go to a wedding.  My friends Josh and Misty, from the karaoke show in Denison, are getting hitched at 5 o'clock today.  They are both really great people and I'm glad to see them both so happy.  They're going to have their reception at the club, so if I don't make the wedding itself, I'll catch up with them there.  I sent Misty an e-mail this morning asling for directions, but I don't know if she'll get it before I leave.  If not, then I guess I'll just have to deal with taking off early on a Friday as best I can.   
 
When I got home last night, the cue case and the second of the two pool cues I bought on eBay had arrived.  I may just have to go practice pool for awhile.  My game is improving, but it's still far from great.  Last night at the Dove, some guys I was shooting with ticked me off.  None of them are particularly good players so I got irritated by them dissing me.  I picked up my quarters and put up my que when I found out they "played around me" a couple of games.  There was no reason for them to play around me, I wasn't working the show last night. Betty was there.   They just didn't want me playing with them. Fine, for now.  I decided that the next time I play any of those guys, I intend to win.  They won't be able to pass me up if it's MY table. 

3 Comments:

  • Have a good weekend!

    By Blogger twopeanuts, at 1:42 PM  

  • Did you make it to the wedding?

    By Blogger twopeanuts, at 8:01 AM  

  • Alas, I didn't get to go to the wedding,but I had a great time at the reception! Misty was so cute. It's was a second marriage for them both, so they went very NON-traditional. They both dressed western and Misty wore a cowboy hat with a veil attached!

    By Blogger YAYA, at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home