YAYAism

Friday, July 02, 2004

I'm a bright girl, my mama tells me so!

Today I have the mental capacity of a mushroom. It's the Friday before a three day weekend, and I'd rather be just about anywhere other than here.

This week I've been addicted to eBay. Admitting it, is the first step to a cure. Right?! Anyway, the first of several items I don't need, but bought anyway, arrived yesterday. The package was too big for my apartment mailbox, so I was directed to pick it up from the post office. No problem. On my way to work this morning, I swung by the post office and much to my dismay, the office was closed but I could hear someone in the back area. The posted hours are 8 to 4 and it was about 8:30 (running late for work as usual). I went back to my car and called. When they answered...
POW (post office worker)

POW: Howe post office.

Me: Yes ma'am, what are your office hours today?

POW: We're open from 8 to 4 today.

Me: I was just in there a few minutes ago, and the doors are still locked.

POW: Well, yes.

Me: But?

POW: Yes ma'am, it's ten minutes til.

Me: UMMM, no, it's almost 9.

POW: No, I don't think so, it's 10 til 8.

Me: Are you sure? No, let me check my...
(at this point I turn my car on the check the clock)
Me: It's it really? How the hell did I... Oh, I'm sorry!! Nevermind!

POW: (laughing) That's okay hun.

You know, it takes a special kind of stupid to misread a DIGITAL clock. Oh well, at least I made it to work on time today!!!

2 Comments:

  • "Today I have the mental capacity of a mushroom."
    "You know, it takes a special kind of stupid to misread a DIGITAL clock."

    * laughing my ass off - in a good way *

    Do not underestimate the mental capacity of a mushroom.

    Its easy for me to misread digital clocks because I'm slightly dislexic.

    By Blogger twopeanuts, at 10:06 AM  

  • At this point, I'd make a mushroom look like a genius. Yep Portabella Einstein! I'm not dislexic, just dense. At least you have a legitimate hinderance, my mistake was just plain dumb! The real kicker here (that I failed to mention before) is that I glanced at the clock(s) at least a half dozen time before I ever left home. It wasn't just misreading the clock once, it was REPEATEDLY!!! AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!

    Some days I just ain't the brightest crayon in the box!

    By Blogger YAYA, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home