YAYAism

Monday, June 28, 2004

Sue-B

My friend Sue came down from Corsicana this weekend to hang out with me. We did karaoke at the Dove then breakfast at the Truck Stop and finally headed back to my house at a little after 4AM. Sunday, we both slept until noon then got up and went to Pancho's for lunch and then did a little shopping. My only regret is that we took Sue's car to Pancho's, so I couldn't fill my trunk up with Sopaipillas! I did find a really cute pair of sandals at Payless for $4! I love cheap shoes.

Right before Sue left to go home, she showed me where she had been bitten by a spider a few days before. There was already a hole in the middle of a black and red ugly sore. I've never been bitten by one, but I'm well aware of the symptoms of a Brown Recluse bite. I told to get to an emergency room as soon as see got back home. When she got home,she had her mom check the bite. She too believed it to be a Brown Recluse bite. A trip to the hospital confirmed what Sue's mom and I already knew. They hospital cleaned out the bite and gave her a shot of antibiotics as well as a prescription (10 days worth). I called to check on her today and she says the bite is already feeling a lot less painful. She's lucky she didn't it go any longer. Those bites and get pretty nasty.

I did some surfing today to refamilarize myself with Brown Recluses. You can't be too careful.

2 Comments:

  • BR bites are nasty. My sister got one real bad on her leg one time, she was barely able to walk for a week.

    By Blogger twopeanuts, at 2:02 PM  

  • My sister has been bitten TWICE. Brown Recluses must like Mexican food!! She was lucky both times. The 1st time, they found out early on that it was a BR bite and started treating it right away. The 2nd time, she had just had a megadose of antibiotics the day before. That time, she didn't even know she had been bitten. She thought the swelling was an allergis reaction to the antibiotics. It turned out that the bite was right on top of where the shot had been given! Double OUCH!

    By Blogger YAYA, at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home