YAYAism

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Whew...this was next on my list of excuses!

Yahoo! News - Blow Drying Excuse Fails to Save Speeding Driver: "Blow Drying Excuse Fails to Save Speeding Driver

Wed Jun 16, 7:18 AM ETAdd Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!


WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A New Zealand man caught driving at more than twice the legal speed limit claimed he needed to step on the gas in order to blow dry his car.

Roger Daniel, 37, made the novel excuse after he was nabbed traveling at more than 75 mph in a 30 mph zone in the northern town of Whangarei, the Dominion Post newspaper reported on Wednesday.
'I have a bad back and just thought I would do that to dry the car instead of having to chamois it dry,' he told police.
The explanation failed to impress and Daniel was fined $191 and had his license suspended for six months. "






Guess I'll have to skip this one and go on to "I was trying to dry my hair!"

2 Comments:

  • I've done that before! Leaving a car wash, I decided to jump on the interstate and "harness the wind". Did a hundred and ten. Didn't get caught though.

    By Blogger twopeanuts, at 8:40 AM  

  • I might be tempted to try it, if I ever washed my car. I've had my '94 Cavalier for just over a year and have NEVER washed it. The fact that I HATE my stupid little four banger car has A LOT to do with it!

    By Blogger YAYA, at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home