YAYAism

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Show Time!

Last nights show went very well. I'm starting to build up a regular crowd. I had about ten singers at the top of the night, most of which came in right around 9PM. All of the people that sang had come in just for karaoke, meaning that they didn't just happen to be there. I was in a pretty good mood and ended up having a lot of fun.

When I first got to the club the only people there were the bartender and the manager. The plan was to start at 8 o'clock, but it just didn't happen. I killed time by reading my book while sitting up at the bar. I was dreading have to do a show with no singers! I know enough songs to sing for 4 hours, but it's not much fun singing to yourself in an empty club. Robert (my closet karaoke singer),showed up around 8:30. We chatted for awhile then, lo and behold, at 9:00, people started filing in! For the rest of the night, I was in such a good mood, that Shay thought I was drunk! I was just happy to have some singers rather than having to do the "Angela show" all night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home