YAYAism

Monday, June 21, 2004

Weekend Recap 06/19 & 06/20

Wow, what a weekend! I went out Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights for Sara's birthday. Friday night I got to sing back-up with a band at the American Legion! Too cool. I've always wanted to try singing with a band. They wanted me to sing Give Me One Reason by Tracy Chapman (one of the guys heard singing along with the jukebox) but I was too nervous for that so I compromised and sang back-up on Drift Away by Dobie Gray. It was a lot of fun and I promised that I'd be ready to sing when they come back next month. I sing karaoke all the time but it was very different with a live band. The lead singer was kinda ad-libbing the whole time because he couldn't remember the words and the rest of us were just chiming in on the chorus.

Saturday night was the main event for Sara's B-Day. We all assembled at the Dove for some serious party-ing. The highlight of the evening was the stripping cowboy that had been arranged by one of her other friends! Yee-Haw! It's a good thing I wasn't drinking much (I was the designated driver tis trip) that poor fella might not have made it out alive! My only qualm with him, was that he had better hair than I do. Mine is a little longer, but his had some nice waves. I hate it when guys have better hair! Anyway, Sunday was spent hanging out at my sister's house for a Father's Day dinner. It's always cool hanging out with the family and getting to spend time with my boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home