YAYAism

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Tripping trip.

It was a really great weekend! I got to hang out with my friend Kelly for the first time in months. We shopped a little while (there were a few things I needed to get before leaving town Saturday morning) then went to Starbucks and kicked back over coffee and desserts. Then it was off to Nickle Mania for some nostalgic arcade action...DAMN I love Frogger! After the arcade Kelly introduced my to a place called WING STOP. Garlic Parmesan wings ROCK! We didn't get back to Kelly's until after 1AM. It was just like to good ole days for careers, kids and significant others!

As I was heading home, I decided to stop by the truck stop and try to see Jason once more before leaving town. I got to the Truck Stop about 2AM and ended up not leaving until 6AM! I like Jason a little more every time I talk to him. He even dropped off my car payment for me on his way home to save me some time! That really impressed me. When he first offered, I was kind of shocked and just stood there for a moment before I said yes. I guess all these years of lousy boyfriends have caused me to forget what nice guys are like. What a nice reminder that there are still a few good ones left!

Due to my late night conversation with Jason, I got a later start than I intended. We had already decided that it would be better for me to come down Saturday instead of Friday night, but I didn't head out until 1PM Saturday. All was well though. It was an easy drive (less than 2 hours) and I really enjoyed it. When I got to Sue's we hit the pool and splashed around for a couple of hours before heading indoors to gussy up for our night out. Sue wanted us to go to one of the clubs she used to frequent, called the Mustang. As we arrived they checked our ID'S and marked the backs of our hands to show we were "of age". I was joking around with the guy at the door about wanting to be marked with a different color (orange is NOT my best color), when my cellphone started ringing. By the time I dug it out of my purse, it had already gone into voice mail. I was more than a little surprised to see Michael's number on the missed call log. I called him back and had a bit of vindictive fun letting him know that I was visiting a "friend" in Corsicana (only 45 minutes from where he's living). He wasn't too happy with the fact that I was so close by for a whole weekend and didn't let him know or even attempt to come see him. Hey what can I say, I didn't lie or even tell a half-truth. Sue IS one of my best friends and even knows her! It not my fault he has a huge jealous streak and tends to jump to conclusions.

Anyway, Sue and I had a great time getting BLITZED! Drinking profusely is not something I get to do very often so when I do....YEE-HAW. It was probably a good thing that it was slow at the club and the eligible men were slim pickings indeed. It's a lot easier to stay out of trouble when there isn't anyone around to get into trouble with. It was a near miss with one tall cowboy that I made a remark about as he passed by. Appartently, he overheard me (I forget how my karaoke trained voice tends to carry) and decided to come over.

Cowboy (smiling) "Did you call me?"

Me (NOT smiling) "UH, no."

Cowboy (now looking kinda puzzled) "I thought I heard you say my name. Are you sure you didn't call me?"

ME (still not smiling and starting to get irritated too) "Uh, yes, I very sure I didn't call you...I don't even know your name."

Cowboy (now looking somewhat deflated) "Oh, okay, sorry." and walks off.

Now I admit that I was looking. The point is I had no intention of touching. If I had wanted to talk to him, I would have sent Sue over as a scout or had about three more kamikazes and gone over myself (it's a well known fact that I'm a coward when it comes to meeting men). Besides, between Michael, Nacho (better known here as Stalker #1) and Jason, I already have more male attention than I can handle. The last thing I need is another guy to make things even more complicated. Although after more than my fair share of alcohol, I did call Michael back to antagonize him one more time. Basically, all I did was blow off every bullshit line he threw all me and shot down every excuse he tried to use. He's played me for a long time but he found out this weekend that he can't play me anymore. I think it'll be a long, LONG time before I hear from him again. I'm pretty proud of myself for finally seeing through all the crap and putting him in his place. One down, one to go.

The rest of the weekend was fairly laid back. A little more time in the pool, going out to eat, shopping and a few movies (saw Sheck 2 and watched a couple of videos as Sue's). I left around 10Am Monday morning and was home (at least back in Howe) by 11:30. I stopped my sister's place and Mom's when I got back. Traveling is great but it's good to come back home! Monday afternoon I went to the Bitches Convention at Lonesome Dove (where we do karaoke 3 nights a week) and hung out a little while then headed over to Margo's to visit and tell her about my weekend. I left Margo's at 11PM and went to the truck stop for some coffee before calling it a day. Much to my surprise, Jason was there. He normally doesn't come it until about 3AM. He and I talked until 2, but finally had to leave because we both had to be up early the next morning. I plan on stopping by the T-Stop after my show tonight. Hopefully, I run into Jason again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home