YAYAism

Monday, November 15, 2004

Taking Corsicana

Another awesome weekend to add to the archives! After work Friday, I picked up my friend Sara and hit the road. It was slow going on the highway due to traffic and multiple fender benders, but we made it to Corsicana without incident. For me, it's a minor miracle to get ANYWHERE without incident!

Most of the weekend was spent just hanging around Sue's apartment, watching movies and gabbing. Sue's friend ans co-worker "C" joined us on Saturday. She's half crazy, so she fit in well with our little group. Her puppy Little Bit was the cutest puppy I've ever seen! She wasn't even half as big as Nimbus, the smaller of my two cats.

We went out to the local bar on Saturday night. It was okay. There were a lot of people there, but it wasn't like Lonesome Dove where we know everyone. We cut out early (a little before 1 AM) and went to the Waffle House for breakfast, then back to Sue's. I enjoyed hanging out and cutting up way more than I did going to the bar. Driving around Corsicana was quite an experience! Between the train, the rain and the back AND front seat drivers, there was never a dull moment!

It was a pretty low key weekend, but it was still a good time. Sue is going to try to come up here in early December. If she makes it up here, she's going to try to get C to come along. I think we would have a hella good time if we all got together at Dove!

Sara and I got a later start than planned, but we still got back fairly early. I dropped Sara off at around 2:30, then headed up to Oklahoma (I only live about 10 or 15 minutes from the state line). I finally made it home at about 4:20. I really enjoyed the trip to Corsicana, but I was glad to get home!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home