YAYAism

Monday, May 24, 2004

Recovery from the weekend!

It's Monday and I'm back at work after an awesome three day weekend. I'm still feeling the sunburn I got from Track Day on Friday and sitting outside at my sister's garage sale on Saturday. Normally, if I pink up a little, I'll be brown the next day but this time, even though most of the redness is gone, I'm still sore on my shoulders and knees. Maybe I'm feeling the burn more this time because it's the first sun I've had this season of course it could also be that I'm getting old. Nah!

Saturday night was hellabusy and during most of the show I was plagued by tech problems. Several of the CD-G's in the library I was using (not the one I use regularly)were scratched or needed serious cleaning. In spite of it all, it was still a pretty good night. The down side of working the shows is that I didn't have much time to hang out with my friends Sara and Sue-B. At least they both understand that I'm working and don't intend to neglect them! After the show, I headed to the Truck-Stop for coffee and to check in with my friend Sandra, the waitress. To my delight, Big Daddy was there too! I don't know his real name, but at about 6'6" or 6'7" and broad to go with it, Big Daddy says it all! YUMMY!! Anyway, I actually got to talk to him a little this time and he seems like a pretty nice guy. Hopefully, Sandra will put in a good word for me. I think a red-headed giant could keep me amused for days and days!

Sunday was pretty laid back. I slept WAY late (until 12:30) and took my time getting cleaned up and dressed for the day. I walked over the Steph's (again) and spent the afternoon hanging out with my nephews and brother-in-law. (They finished the Lord of the Rings Trilogy PS2 game and it was fun trying out the new codes it unlocked!) I had dinner with them and watched some TV before peddling home on my bike. After a week, I finally managed to get my bike home! I got home around 8:30 and spent the next 2 hours figuring out how to adjust the brakes on my bike. Nothing says relaxation like tinkering in the middle of the bedroom floor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home