YAYAism

Friday, April 30, 2004

Git while the gittins good.

Every now and again you just have to hang up your hat and call it a day. Last night began normally but ended up being a lesson in Murphy’s Law that I will not soon forget. After a several “OOPS” incidents I decided to go home early, BEFORE anything serious happened. Here’s a brief description off all that went wrong within approximately one hour.


1. Stepped in discarded chewing gum
2. Twisted my ankle trying to discard discarded chewing gum.
3. Dropped a VERY large CD case lid (about 2x4 feet) unto our set-up table.
(Thankfully, none of the CDs were broken in the process.)
4. Found out in the middle of a song that I was losing my voice and could not hit any of my high notes.
(Mind you, I was singing a song that is MOSTLY high notes!)
5. Popped a CD out of the player in order to program the next one, but didn’t realize until the music
STOPPED that the CD I ejected was IN USE!!!
6. Started the player for my song then realized I hadn’t changed the CD from the last singer.

Now, none of these things is particularly bad, however, when compiled into one hour, it’s a bit much! With all of that bad karma following me around, I gave up and called it a night before someone got hurt. (Besides me!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home