YAYAism

Monday, April 26, 2004

Something from the vault

Haunted

After countless days
And endless nights
Your memory began to fade
The specter of you
Lost interest in me
So like the living
Are our shades

Almost as if you sensed
My forget
You appeared to me
Silent but watching
As my old wounds
Were reborn
Into this now

As quietly as your shadow
You drifted away
Into the night
Leaving me with nothing
But a haunted mind
And a ghost that would be
The man

Angela A.Ochoa
03-26-1996


My friend Kelly read this to her public speaking class. According to her, it received a great response so I'll post it here on the blog. It's one of my older works but it's still one of my favorites.
I've had a lot of things swirling around in my head but as of yet none of it has manifested into verse. Stay tuned though. Something should gel within the next couple of days and I'll be able to post some new work instead of dinosaurs. Not that dinosaurs are bad or anything. It's just that I'm in such a different place, such a different frame of mind that I was when a lot of my poetry was written. I've changed a lot over the last few years and I have this overwhelming feeling that more and grander changes are still to come. I'm anxious to see how and if my poetry has changed with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home