YAYAism

Monday, April 26, 2004

A Girl Named Sue

I found out yesterday that my friend Sue-B is moving back to her home town. The company she works for is opening a store there, so she will be transferring late June or early July. I feel a little selfish because I don't want her to go. Even though it's only a 2 or 3 hour drive it's still too far. I know that she misses her family and she's excited about going home. In that sense I am happy for her. However, knowing that we won't be able to meet for lunch on Firdays or take off cruising around Lake Lavon on a Sunday afternoon, makes we miss her already.
Perhaps I'm afraid that her moving away will be like all the times I've moved away. Growing up, my family moved every couple of years. I always promised to keep in touch with the friends I left behind, but then life happens. Addresses change. Telephone numbers change. Even names change. Time slips past, and before you realize, it's been years since you promised, "I'll call/visit/write soon!" and the people you left behind aren't there anymore.
I know it doesn't always ended up that way. I have old friends that I was able to track down or were able to track me down. These freindships have survived and I pray that my friendship with Sue-B will also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home