YAYAism

Monday, May 16, 2005

Tired!

As of Friday, I am no longer a danger to myself and other motorists! I finally got the money together to get some decent tires. Woo-hoo! Yee-haw! Hooray! Ya-hoo! It's the little things in life that bring the greatest joy. Celebrate every victory, no matter how small, because they add up.

Sara and I went to the movies Friday night and Saturday morning. Friday's movie was The Hitchhiker's Guide t the Galaxy. Sara really didn't care for it at all. I thought it was alright, but having read the book, I was a bit let down. Saturday's choice was Amityville Horror. Why I let her talk me into watching horror movies, I have YET to figure out. I'm by no means a horror movie fan and this one fit the horror part to a "T". There were some scenes that were just plain gross (and I am NOT the skemish type either). If you see it this one, pay attention to what happens to the babysitter. UGH!!! Okay, enough about movies, onwards to the rest of my weekend!

I spent the rest of Saturday mostly on the couch, laid out with a migraine. FUN, FUN, FUN NOT! At least I wasn't down the entire weekend. Sunday I spent most of the day at Mom's. Since Stephenie (my younger sister and only sibling) was in Houston last weekend, we postponed Mother's Day until she could be home. We just hung out and played Scrabble and watched T.V.. Steph cooked dinner and I had made a cake for desert. The cake turned out really cute (wish I had taken a pic to post). My decorating skills are improving with every project as is my aresenal of culinary gadgets. I've been building up my own cake decorating kit ever since Kelly (my best friend) took hers back. (I only had it for a few years!) As much as I HATE to cook, I have no clue as to why I enjoy decorating cakes. Who knows, who cares at least it keeps me entertained for a couple of hours.

I guess that's all for the moment. I'll post more later this week about some of the things that have been going on with me and mine.

2 Comments:

  • I'm tired too lol just read thru about two years worth of your blog. u got such a way with words. both on here and in ur poetry.

    take care

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:43 PM  

  • Thanks Kaine! I've actually been writing poetry and keeping a journal for several, SEVERAL years. Combining my love of writing and my addition to the internet was a natural progression. I'm really glad that you took the time to post a comment. Hopefully, when I get into the swing of posting regularly, I'll build up a new readership. :) May have to e-mail a few friends and let them know the blog is back!

    By Blogger YAYA, at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home